Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tiptoe Through the Tulips in Tulle

I am IN LOVE with this outfit, boys and girls.

I dreamed this combo up maybe two or three months ago, but wanted to save it for a perfect day.  Well that perfect day was the afore(blog)mentioned Sunday in the tulips with friends.

Let's talk about why this outfit is more than the sum of its parts.  Firstly, it's parts.  This green sweater I thrifted maybe four of five years ago.  I wasn't wearing it (I didn't know how cool cropped shirts were gunna be), so I gave it to a friend of mine.  She never wore it, so she gave it to her sister.  Later that year, I moved into her sister's apartment as she was leaving, and she had left this sweater behind!  I decided to give it a second chance and now I wear it ALL THE TIME.  It's got a great weight, great colour, and fits into my palette perfectly.  The skirt is actually a dress I bought in England, so of course it's laden with sentimental value, let alone sartorial value, for yours truly.  The top is this weird criss-cross bikini thing, so I just folded that under.  It works perfectly as a summer skirt now, so I won't have to relegate it to the pile of English clothes that I love but cannot wear.  Throw in my favourite belt and shoes and I feel like a million-fifties-ish-style bucks!










Sweater - Thrifted
Skirt - Primark
Shoes - Aldo
Belt - Forever 21
Sunnies - Forever 21

Disclaimer: I know there's no tulle included in the post.  But I like alliteration more than accuracy. (See!?)

Put on something nice today, boys and girls,

Love, 

Your friend Lina 

1 comment:

  1. The pattern on that dress is so pretty! And the colour of the sweater is a perfect basic... I have a cardigan in a similar colour and I wear it to death!

    ReplyDelete